Man dies after crash between car and recovery truck on A47 at Acle
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing after a man died in a crash on the A47 between Norwich and Great Yarmouth.
Emergency services were called to the crash, between a car and a flatbed recovery lorry near the Acle roundabout, at just after 1.30am on Saturday.
Firefighters from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Acle went to the scene, along with police and ambulance.
The fire crews used cutting equipment to get a casualty out of the car and they were then taken into the care of the ambulance service.
However, Norfolk police confirmed that the man, who had been driving the car, died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The crash meant the A47, including the Acle Straight, was closed between Norwich and Great Yarmouth for more than five hours.
Norfolk police said no further details about the person who died would be released at this time.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
Anyone who saw the crash, or the manner of driving of either vehicle beforehand, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Constabulary on 101.