Firefighters called to tackle shed fire in Bradwell
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
Firefighters were called to tackle a fire in a shed.
A shed was burnt out at a allotments in Bradwell yesterday evening (February 2).
A call came into the emergency services just after 8pm and the first fire crew was on the scene at allotments in Parkland Drive, Bradwell, in just under seven minutes at 8.13pm.
The two crews from Gorleston fire station and Great Yarmouth fire station were on the scene just over half an hour, leaving at 8.55pm.
The crews extinguished the fire in an allotment shed using hose reels. They also used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
It is not believed that the fire was started deliberately.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
Tips for garden and shed fire safety:
Call 999 immediately if you spot a fire
Keep a bucket of water or hosepipe handy for putting out flames
Keep children or animals a safe distance from fire