Firefighters called to Sprowston home after shower ‘blew up’
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters were called to a Sprowston home after a shower 'blew up'.
Crews from Sprowston, Earlham and Hethersett were called to a fire in the bathroom of a home on Varvel Avenue at just before 11.20am today (Saturday, June 22).
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire they also used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.
A spokesman in the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service Control Room, said the shower "blew up".
Peter Rowe, station manager at Whitegates in Hethersett, described how there had been a fire in the shower unit and said the woman, in her 30s, who owned the property had been alerted by a fire alarm.
You may also want to watch:
She "moved to the upstairs and remained out of the way until the fire was extinguished".
Mr Rowe said she was not injured and emphasised the importance of fire alarms.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17