Firefighters called to Norwich chimney fire
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters have tackled a chimney fire in Norwich.
A fire appliance from Sprowston was called to reports of a chimney fire on Magdalen Street at just before 9.45am on Monday (January 7).
However, the fire was extinguished before the crew arrived.
Although firefighters did use a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.
Meanwhile, firefighters from Carrow were sent to an alarm activation in Magpie Road.
You may also want to watch:
The call, which came in at just after 12.40pm today (January 7), turned out to be a false alarm.
Elsewhere, a fire crew from King's Lynn attended an alarm activation in the town at just after 5.30am today.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
It turned out to be a false alarm caused by a vape device.