Firefighters called to Norwich rubbish bin fire
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters were called out to a refuse container on fire in Norwich.
A crew from Carrow was called to the buring bin just off Castle Meadow at just before 4.50am this morning (Saturday, November 3).
Firefighters used hand appliances to extinguish the fire.
Meanwhile earlier in the night one appliance from Carrow attended an alarm sounding on Duke Street in Norwich.
The crew, which was called at about 1.10am, discovered this was a false alarm caused by an unknown fault in the system.
You may also want to watch:
Another crew from Carrow had been called out to an alarm sounding on St Andrews Street at just before 8.40pm last night (Friday, November 2).
Again crews attended the scene but this was found to be a false alarm which was caused by a system fault.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash