Firefighters called to large waste fire in Thetford
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters have been called to tackle a large waste fire in Thetford.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent 'multiple appliances' to a large waste fire on Burrell Way, just off the A11, in the town at about 6.30pm today (Tuesday, October 2).
A spokesman in the fire service control room said two appliances were initially sent to the scene but a further two crews were later requested.
Firefighters from Thetford, East Harling and Methwold are still on scene at the blaze at the moment.
Burrell Way was the scene of a large fire back in 2015 when 60 firefighters were called out to tackle a large fire on the industrial estate there.
You may also want to watch:
A fire had broken out at a commercial paint shop.
Businesses were evacuated and a 150 metre cordon put in place.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
Around 10 fire engines were called out to0 the scene while police also assisted.