Firefighters called to kitchen fire in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been called to a kitchen fire in Norwich.
Appliances from Sprowston and Carrow were called to reports of a fire in kitchen on Wellesley Avenue North, off Plumstead Road, at just before 4.40pm on Tuesday, May 16.
Crews used breathing apparatus and ladders.
The fire was extinguished before arrival of the brigade.
Meanwhile, earlier in the afternoon, at just before 3.30pm, appliances from Carrow, Wroxham, Earlham and Sprowston attended fire in building in Norwich which was extinguished before arrival of the brigade.
You may also want to watch:
And in a separate call out, at 3.25pm, crews from Earlham and Sprowston attended a shed fire on Henderson Road.
Firefighters used hose reel jets with water from a hydrant to extinguish and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change