Firefighters called to kitchen fire in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been called to a kitchen fire in Norwich.
Appliances from Sprowston and Carrow were called to reports of a fire in kitchen on Wellesley Avenue North, off Plumstead Road, at just before 4.40pm on Tuesday, May 16.
Crews used breathing apparatus and ladders.
The fire was extinguished before arrival of the brigade.
Meanwhile, earlier in the afternoon, at just before 3.30pm, appliances from Carrow, Wroxham, Earlham and Sprowston attended fire in building in Norwich which was extinguished before arrival of the brigade.
You may also want to watch:
And in a separate call out, at 3.25pm, crews from Earlham and Sprowston attended a shed fire on Henderson Road.
Firefighters used hose reel jets with water from a hydrant to extinguish and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre