Firefighters called to blaze in roof at Burgh-next-Aylsham
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters used breathing apparatus to tackle a blaze at a group of cottages near Aylsham.
Up to 10 people were understood to be in the group of four homes when the blaze broke out this morning, but all escaped injury.
The fire was largely limited to one house in the block of cottages, at isolated woodland, off Wood Lane in Burgh-next-Aylsham.
The roof of the property was badly damaged in the blaze which, broke out just before 7.40am.
An aerial ladder platform and a water carrier were used to tackle the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Fire service group manager Scott Norman said: 'We don't yet know what the cause of the fire is and an investigator will have to visit the scene.
'We worked to preserve as much of the building as possible. By using aggressive fire fighting measures we were able to limit the damage.'
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 6 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 7 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 8 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls