Dramatic footage of Horsford blaze as huge plumes of smoke can be seen from miles around
- Credit: submitted
Firefighters were called out to deal with a big silage heap on fire at a farm in Horsford tonight.
Huge plumes of black smoke could be seen for miles around from the fire which started just after 5pm.
Five fire crews were called out to tackle the blaze in Mill Lane and people living nearby were urged by the fire service to keep their doors and windows closed due to smoke.
The smoke could be seen as far away as Norwich city centre.
Four crews - from Sprowston, Earlham, Carrow and Aylsham - were sent to the scene along with a relief crew from Loddon and a water carrier from Hethersett.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were at the scene until about 8.30pm this evening.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143