Firefighters called out twice in one day as ‘fragile’ smokehouse erupts into flames
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been called to Lowestoft town centre after a ‘fragile’ smokehouse burst into flames.
Four crews from both Norfolk and Suffolk Fire Rescue Services are currently tackling a blaze at Katwijk Way, at the town’s Station Square.
They had already attended the incident earlier on Thursday July 16, but were called again shortly before 2.48pm.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said this was the second call out the service has had at the property today, adding: “There is a fire on the roof of a two storey smokehouse, and there is a fire in the flue of the smoke chamber.”
The spokesman also said there is a concern over the “fragile roof” of the smokehouse which was injured “from a previous fire there seven years ago.”
You may also want to watch:
Neither the police nor the ambulance service have been called to the fire, however a safety officer from the Norfolk fire service has been deployed.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats