Firefighters called out to washing machine fire in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
Fire crews were sent to tackle a washing machine fire in Great Yarmouth.
A call came into the emergency services just before 7.40pm on Wednesday night (February 22) to reports of smoke coming out of a washing machine at a house in Northgate Street.
Two appliances from Great Yarmouth fire station attended the blaze in a kitchen, which they found was caused by a faulty appliance.
The first fire crew arrived on the scene at 7.44pm and after about 20 minutes the crews left again at 8.05pm.
The blaze was extinguished before the arrival of the brigade.
You may also want to watch:
According to government fire data from 2011 to March 2014 there were 1,723 washing machine fires in the UK. They are a fire risk because of their high wattage, friction and motors.
Advice from the fire service says not to leave washing machines or dishwasher running overnight or while you are out.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death