Firefighters called after 100 tonnes of hay catch fire at Swannington
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
Fire crews are attending a straw blaze which has seen about 100 tonnes of hay catch fire.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to Swannington just after 7.15pm on Monday evening to reports of the fire.
One crew from Earlham was called, after about 100 tonnes of hay caught fire.
Firefighters are 'maintaining a watching brief', the service said, and Norfolk police said they were on scene assisting fire.
The crew used a positive pressure ventilator to disperse the smoke and a thermal image camera used to check for hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital