Firefighters break into Lakenham flat after neighbour raises alarm

Firefighters broke into a home in Lakenham to wake a sleeping man whose smoke alarm had been triggered by unattended cooking.

A neighbour of the man, in Hobart Square, called firefighters when they heard the smoke alarm sounding at about 4.45am this morning (Saturday).

Fire crews from Norwich's Carrow station and North Earlham went to the flat. They forced open the door and discovered the occupant had fallen asleep and left some cooking on.

Firefighters ventilated the flat, while ambulance crews checked that the man had not suffered smoke inhalation.

Fire crews had left the scene by 5.21am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus