Firefighters battle blazes in city park just minutes apart
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters battled two blazes in a city park just minutes apart.
A crew from Carrow fire station was called to a grass fire in Chapelfield Gardens at 5.01am on Saturday, August 31.
They used hand appliances to fight the flames, which were extinguished by 5.15am.
But an appliance, also from Carrow fire station, was called back to the park to tackle a second fire just seven minutes later.
Firefighters used backpack sprayers to extinguish the fire, after being alerted at 5.22am.
You may also want to watch:
The second fire was out by 5.26am.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation