Firefighters battle large blaze in village
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are currently on scene battling a large straw fire at a farm in a Suffolk village.
Five crews from Beccles, Leiston and Lowestoft South arrived at Church Road, in Ellough at 2.25pm today (August 8) to reports of bales of straw on fire. The blaze approximately 200sqm by 200sqm.
A spokesperson from Suffolk Fire and Rescue, said: "The farmer is using cultivation to make the fire break around the bales and crews are dampening the grass around to prevent the fire spreading.
"At the moment, there are fire engines from Leiston, Beccles and three from Lowestoft and they are using jet reels," they said.
No one is believed to be injured in the fire and it is not thought to be suspicious at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop