Firefighters battle boat blaze on River Yare
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have battled a blaze on a boat on the River Yare near Whitlingham Broad.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received a call to attend a boat fire just before 10pm on Tuesday.
Two appliances attended the scene on Whitlingham Lane, however personnel initially struggled to extinguish the fire as the boat was on the far bank and water from their hoses only just reached across the river.
An inflatable boat was eventually launched with three crew members and after carrying out an inspection, a hose was taken across the river and the fire extinguished from the inflatable.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said they had not received reports of anyone being aboard the boat at the time the fire broke out.
You may also want to watch:
'We think it was just an empty hull,' he said.
It was not clear at the time of writing how the fire had started.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries