Firefighters battle boat blaze on River Yare
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have battled a blaze on a boat on the River Yare near Whitlingham Broad.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received a call to attend a boat fire just before 10pm on Tuesday.
Two appliances attended the scene on Whitlingham Lane, however personnel initially struggled to extinguish the fire as the boat was on the far bank and water from their hoses only just reached across the river.
An inflatable boat was eventually launched with three crew members and after carrying out an inspection, a hose was taken across the river and the fire extinguished from the inflatable.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said they had not received reports of anyone being aboard the boat at the time the fire broke out.
You may also want to watch:
'We think it was just an empty hull,' he said.
It was not clear at the time of writing how the fire had started.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations