Firefighters battle boat blaze on River Yare
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have battled a blaze on a boat on the River Yare near Whitlingham Broad.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received a call to attend a boat fire just before 10pm on Tuesday.
Two appliances attended the scene on Whitlingham Lane, however personnel initially struggled to extinguish the fire as the boat was on the far bank and water from their hoses only just reached across the river.
An inflatable boat was eventually launched with three crew members and after carrying out an inspection, a hose was taken across the river and the fire extinguished from the inflatable.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said they had not received reports of anyone being aboard the boat at the time the fire broke out.
You may also want to watch:
'We think it was just an empty hull,' he said.
It was not clear at the time of writing how the fire had started.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named