Firefighters battle blaze in barn containing chemicals at Rockland St Peter
- Credit: Archant 2013
Firefighters battled a large blaze at a barn outside Rockland St Peter this evening.
Crews were called shortly after 6.30pm to the fire in a chicken barn on Bell Lane, north of Rockland St Peter.
The barn was empty at the time but contained a store of chemicals used to clean it.
Firefighters advised people to avoid the area, while those living in the village were told to keep windows and doors closed as a precaution to stop fumes.
Eyewitnesses reported hearing a loud bang and then seeing black smoke.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was battled by 12 fire engines and they are expected to remain until late tonight.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 10 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result