Firefighters battle blaze in bedroom in Norfolk town
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters were called to a bedroom fire in Wymondham this evening.
Appliances from Wymondham and Carrow fire stations were alerted to the blaze on Bramble Way at 6.39pm today (Saturday, July 27).
Crews used main and hose reel jets whilst wearing breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire, which was out by 6.58pm.
A thermal imaging camera was also used to check for hot spots.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) confirmed the incident took place in a bedroom.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were also called to reports of a fire in a property on Knox Road, near Norwich Prison, at 6.57pm this evening.
Appliances from Sprowston, Earlham and Wroxham attended the scene, but the fire was extinguished before their arrival.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
A fire service spokesperson said the incident stop time was 7.13pm.