Man arrested and BB gun seized following incident on a boat at Salhouse Broad
- Credit: Archant
One man has been arrested and a BB gun seized following an incident on the Norfolk Broads.
Emergency services were scrambled to Salhouse Broad at around 3.40am today due to concerns for the safety of two men on a boat.
Hemsby Lifeboat service said a firearm was also reported to have been on the cruiser vessel, which was in the middle of the broad.
The service's Broads Lifeboat was launched from Horning and carried two police negotiators to the scene.
A spokesman for Hemsby Lifeboat service said its vessel held a position away from the cruiser until the situation 'calmed down'.
Police said both men were brought to the shore safely and a BB gun was seized at the scene.
A 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly, possessing of an offensive weapon and wasting police time.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 10 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
He remains in custody at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.
Police said a second man, aged 19, was detained under the Mental Health Act and taken to hospital for treatment.