Fire smokes out Cobholm cannabis grower
A CANNABIS grower was caught by police after a fire in the loft of his Cobholm home.
Officers found heat lamps, cultivation equipment and eight plants being grown in the loft of the Austin Road home - and all had been damaged in the blaze.
Police had been called on the afternoon of Wednesday, May 9 after reports of a fire.
A 40-year-old man was arrested at the scene and admitted buying seeds and the equipment and setting up the operation in his loft.
He was cautioned for producing the class B drug.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting