Prince of Wales Road closed due to flat fire
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Part of Prince of Wales Road in Norwich was closed in both directions due to a flat fire earlier today.
Part of Prince of Wales Road in Norwich was closed in both directions due to a building fire earlier today.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said it had nine fire engines at the scene, due to the size of the building, and police and the ambulance service were also in attendance.
The road was closed from the bridge to the St Faiths Lane junction.
Police asked people to try and avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
Konectbus warned of severe delays to a number of its services and many First services were being diverted.
A fire service spokesperson said the final crews left the scene just before 5.05pm on Tuesday, July 23.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- More to follow
You can keep up to date with all the latest travel information via our live traffic map.