Fire crews rush to car blaze on A47
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Emergency services were called to the A47 this morning after a car caught fire.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Fire and Rescue confirmed it was called to the road at Blofield at 8.52am.
Crews from Carrow and Sprowston rushed to the scene and arrived just a few minutes later.
They used hose reel jets to put out the fire on the eastbound carriageway, which an eye-witness said was giving off clouds of smoke.
The stop message was received at 9.11am.
You may also want to watch:
The incident initially caused tailbacks for Great Yarmouth-bound traffic, with one driver saying traffic was backed up for "several miles".
Drivers are urged to proceed with caution as there may still be some delays in the area.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
• Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk