Fire crews called to house blaze in Dereham
- Credit: Google
Fire crews were called to a house fire in Dereham on Wednesday evening.
It happened in Wordsworth Drive, at around 5.20pm.
Crews from Dereham, Watton, the aerial ladder platform and a support appliance from Earlham were called to the scene.
But a spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said the aerial platform was not needed.
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used main jets, hose reel jets, hand appliances and thermal image cameras to tackle the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
By 7.20pm two crews remained on scene putting out the last embers.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us