Dog rescued in house blaze
- Credit: Archant
A dog has been rescued from under a bed following a serious house fire.
The blaze started at around 11:30am on Keene Road in King's Lynn, crews had been told it was a boiler fire but on arrival they discovered it had started in the fuse box and electricity supply.
Neighbours have been warned by UK Power Networks that their electricity supply could be cut off for a short while following the incident.
The house was left covered in black scorch marks however its structure remained intact,
Three fire crews were called and firefighters used the 'Smokey Paws' oxygen mask to rescue the dog, which had originally been reported as missing by its owners.
You may also want to watch:
Station manager Terry Pinto said: "Crews were fantastic with really difficult conditions because of lively areas, and moved fast to save the house and to save the dog.
"A working smoke detector raised the alarm early enough for occupiers to escape unharmed. We take this opportunity to encourage everybody to ensure they have a working some alarm, anyone needing further information can find it on our website."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Watch manager Andy Littler said the fire had started on the ground floor and worked its way up.
Crews left the scene at around 1.50pm.