Firefighters tackle large woodland fire at Felthorpe
- Credit: Antony Kelly
Firefighters have been dealing with a large woodland fire at Felthorpe, north of Norwich.
The incident in woodland near Haveringland Road started at about 2.20pm today and involved an area of about 150m by 50m in size.
Fire crews from Sprowston, Earlham, Carrow, Aylsham, Wroxham attended the scene along with a support unit from Thetford, a water carrier from Hethersett and the fire service drone.
Firefighters were at the scene for a couple of hours and used both main jets and hand appliances to extinguish the fire.
Fire crews were also called out to a number of other fires across the county on Monday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Among them was a small grass fire at Mousehold Heath, off Britannia Road, at about 10pm, straw bales on fire at Great Massingham shortly before 10pm, a fire in the open at Barnham Cross Common, in Thetford, also shortly before 10pm.
There was also a fire in the open in Caister Road, Great Yarmouth at about 7pm, a grass fire in Bowthorpe just before 7pm, and a grass fire in Coopers Lane, Lakenham, shorting after 5.30pm.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
Fire crews were also called out to extinguish a field fire in Deopham Road, Morley St Botolph, near Wymondham, shortly before 4.30pm.