Fire damages thousands of pounds worth of crops in Great Melton
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses are sought by police after a field was set alight causing thousands of pounds worth of damage to crops.
The incident happened in Great Melton between 9.30pm and 9.40pm on Wednesday in Burdock Lane.
The fire damaged between 1.75 and 2.5 hectors of wheat, valued at £4,500.
Police are keen to trace two men seen in the area around the time of the incident who may be able to help with the investigation.
The first is described as white, of slim build and in his mid 20s. He was walking on crutches and wearing a red t-shirt. The second suspect is believed to be in his early 30s with long hair and wearing a blue t-shirt.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were seen with a white Citroen C1, possibly with an 05 number plate.
Anyone with information should contact Wymondham Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'