Fire crews ventilate Hethersett home of gas leaking from freezer

Two fire engines were sent to a Hethersett home this afternoon to deal with gas leaking from a freezer.

Fire crews from Earlham and Hethersett arrived at a house in Campion Way at 12.19pm to move the freezer outside and ventilate the property.

Freezer gas is an odourless, colourless and non-flammable liquid group of chemicals which is non-toxic to humans, but Inhaling from a leak can be dangerous as it is heavier than air and can settle in the lungs.

The crews left the house at 12.30pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus