Fire crews tackle chimney fire in Burnham Overy Staithe

A man has been left homeless after his caravan was set alight. Picture: ARCHANT LIBRARY

A man has been left homeless after his caravan was set alight. Picture: ARCHANT LIBRARY - Credit: Archant

Fire crews attend a chimney fire in Burnham Overy Staithe.

A call was made today at 4pm and a fire engine from Hunstanton was on the scene of the incident at 4.18pm.

Fire fighters used chimney equipment and backpack sprays to extinguish the flames and thermal image cameras to check for hotspots at the premises in Tower Road.

A fire service spokesman said this incident is not thought to be serious.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter