Firefighters called to early morning building fire in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to a building fire in Norwich in the early hours of the morning.
Appliances from Sprowston, Earlham and Carrow attended to reports of a building fire on St Georges Street in the city centre just after 5.20am this morning (Saturday, January 11).
The crews whilst wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. A positive pressure fan was used to remove smoke from the property and a thermal imaging camera to check for any hot spots.
Meanwhile, fire crews from Earlham and Carrow attended a building fire on Globe Place, Norwich shortly before 10.40pm last night (Friday, January 10).
You may also want to watch:
The fire, which was caused by burnt food and was extinguished before fire crews arrived.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 8 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 9 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 10 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says