Fire crews put out bedroom blaze in Thorpe St Andrew home
Firefighters fought a blaze in a bedroom today.
Fire crews from Carrow and Sprowston were called to a house on Bishop's Close in Thorpe St Andrew shortly before midday.
A woman discovered the flames licking the curtains and carpet of the first-floor room after returning home.
The crews put out the fire and cleared the smoke using a fan.
They also checked for hotspots using a thermal imaging camera.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is not yet known.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'