Fire crews put out bedroom blaze in Thorpe St Andrew home
Firefighters fought a blaze in a bedroom today.
Fire crews from Carrow and Sprowston were called to a house on Bishop's Close in Thorpe St Andrew shortly before midday.
A woman discovered the flames licking the curtains and carpet of the first-floor room after returning home.
The crews put out the fire and cleared the smoke using a fan.
They also checked for hotspots using a thermal imaging camera.
The cause of the fire is not yet known.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home