Fire crews mobilised as light aircraft skids on landing at Wymondham
Emergency services were called to a stately home near Wymondham after reports of a light aircraft crash.
Fire crews from Hingham and Carrow together with the water appliance from Hethersett and a support appliance from Fakenham were called to Kimberley Hall near Wymondham at just after 10.30am today.
Police and ambulance crews were also called after a small aircraft had skidded as it landed on the grass airstrip near to the hall.
A spokesman in the Norfolk police control room said the plane skidded on the wet grass as it braked too hard which was 'a bit too much for the tyres to take'.
He said there were no injuries following the incident which will now be investigated by the Civil Aviation Authority.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk