Firefighters tackle outbuilding blaze next to Norwich school
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Fire crews were called to the scene of an outbuilding blaze next to a Norwich school.
Appliances from Carrow, Earlham, Hethersett and Long Stratton were called to White Gates, close to Dereham Road in Costessey.
A spokesperson for the fire service said they were informed in a 999 call at 8.49am.
The fire was in a small cul-de-sac next to the playing fields at Ormiston Victory Academy.
Crews used main and hose reel jets to put out the fire, which had spread to a house after initially starting in a shed.
You may also want to watch:
A thermal imaging camera was then used to check for hot spots, before the stop message was received at 9.34am.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit