Fire crews from Norfolk and Suffolk called to agricultural building fire
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
Fire crews from Norfolk and Suffolk are currently have brought a fire at an agriculture building in Methwold Hythe, near Brandon, under contorl.
The barn fire, at a farm on Hythe Road, was reported at 9.15am this morning.
Appliances from Thetford, Brandon, Mildenhall and a water carrier and support appliance from Hethersett, attended the blaze.
The barn contained 100 tonnes of straw and also machinery.
The fire is under control but a relief crew have now taken over to make sure the fire is contained.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said crews will be on scene for the next couple of hours.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages