Fire crews fight blaze at industrial estate near Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from two counties tacked a blaze at a workshop in Worlingham, near Beccles, which involved asbestos roofing.
At least seven appliances from Beccles, Bungay, Lowestoft, Loddon and Great Yarmouth, attended Gardwell Coatings in College Lane after the fire service was alerted at about 8.55am. There had been multiple calls about a workshop on fire on Ellough Industrial Estate.
Fire was discovered in the extractor fan of the building, which was well alight and measures 25m by 40m.
Crews believed cylinders were in the building and an unknown quantity of painting materials were also involved as well as asbestos roofing.
Firefighters at the rear of building were trying to stop the blaze spreading using two breathing apparatus, two jets and two hosereels.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service said crews had taken the relevant precautions to limit the damage to the environment and to themselves.
Police also attended for traffic control.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 6 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
Crews remained at the scene for most of the morning making sure the premises were safe.
No one was injured.