Two taken to hospital after fire in Norwich flat
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital after a fire in a Norwich city centre flat.
Seven fire crews were called to the fire near St Johns Street, off Mountergate, at just after 5.30am today (Wednesday, May 12).
Crews from Carrow, Sprowston, Earlham, Hethersett, Wroxham, Wymondham and Loddon were called to the fire.
They wore breathing equipment as they tackled the flames and used positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the flat.
The last appliance left the scene at just after 7am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called shortly before 6am to reports of a fire in St Johns Street, Norwich.
"A rapid response vehicle, two ambulances and an ambulance officer attended. Two people were assessed at the scene and transported to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further assessment and care."
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace