Firefighters called to reports of blaze in Norwich Lanes
PUBLISHED: 12:46 10 November 2019 | UPDATED: 16:28 10 November 2019
Firefighters have praised quick-thinking staff at a Norwich restaurant where a fire broke out.
Fire crews were called to the Mambo Jambo restaurant in the Norwich Lanes at about 11.40am on Sunday - just before it was due to open.
A member of staff had spotted smoke in the Lower Goat Lane restaurant and called the brigade.
Crews from Carrow and Earlham went to the scene.
Stefan Rider, from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, said: "There's a small, smouldering fire in part of the building.
"We believe we have extinguished it, but we are just having to expose the area around it to make sure it hasn't spread any further.
"There was some hazy smoke in there which a member of staff spotted.
"They did a really good job to call us and get everybody out."
Mr Rider said there were about 11 firefighters inside the building.
Upper Goat Lane has been closed to traffic, but pedestrians are still able to use Lower Goat Lane, with other businesses open as usual.
You may also want to watch:
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.