Fire crews called to bedroom fire
- Credit: Archant
Five fire crews, including one from Norfolk, were sent to a bedroom fire in Laxfield, Suffolk, this evening.
Initially two crews were sent at 6.58pm, from Stradbroke and Framlingham, to the incident in Rowes Hill.
They arrived to find one bedroom on fire and heavily smoke-logged. They tackled it with one hose reel and requested an ambulance for a casualty suffering from smoke inhalation.
It was then the additional crews from Halesworth and Harleston in Norfolk, along with the command support unit and an appliance from Woodbridge.
At the height of the blaze two hosereels, a thermal imaging camera and a 13.5m high ladder were being used by crews.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control by 8.32pm.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 8 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Delays likely as 75ft boat taken along A47 and A11