Fire crews called out to help rescue a cow from a river in Bungay
FIRE crews were called out this morning to help rescue a cow from a river in Bungay.
Crews were alerted to the incident off Wainford Road about 9.45am this morning.
A water rescue team consisting of an appliance, water incident vehicle and Unimog from Lowestoft attended to a cow stranded in the river.
The animal was eventually helped out of the river by a member of the public shortly after 10am.
A unimog is a 4x4 all-terrain, off-road vehicle with a water tank for fire fighting, a crane for lifting and a winch mounted on the front,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village