Fire at north Norfolk pub
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk pub expected to re-open again today after a kitchen fire.
Firefighters from Mundesley and Stalham spent about 40 minutes yesterday morning dealing with a blaze in a cooker at the Poacher's Pocket pub in Bacton.
The coastal village pub is run by landlord Gary Stubbs and his wife Caroline, who are active charity fund-raisers in the area.
Neither was available for comment yesterday. A woman who answered the phone at the pub said they were too busy cleaning up.
Another caller was told that the damage was confined to the kitchen and the pub would re-open today for drinks only. They hoped to start serving food again shortly.
You may also want to watch:
The Poacher's is well known for its annual charity New Year's Day dip which this year, together with other pub fund-raising efforts, helped raise about £11,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 5 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 6 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Five takeaways planned to open in Norfolk
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety