Fire at Lowestoft cricket club ground

Firefighters in Lowestoft dealt with a blaze in the shower block in the pavilion of the town's cricket ground in Whapload Road this morning.

The fire at the Denes Oval was reported at just before 4am with the Suffolk and Fire Rescue Service saying 50pc of the shower block was alight.

Two fire engines were called out to the fire which was put out by 5.34am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus