People told to keep windows shut as dozens of firefighters fight blaze
- Credit: Thomas Chapman
People are being urged to close their windows as firefighters deal with a blaze at commercial premises in a Norfolk village.
Fire crews were called at 7.22am on Sunday to Cowle's Drove in Hockwold cum Wilton near Brandon.
A statement from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "We are currently dealing with a fire in Hockwold cum Wilton. We advise all residents in the local area to keep windows and doors closed until further notice."
A spokesman for the fire service said: "We are currently dealing with an incident at commercial premises. Eight firefighting appliances are on their way."
Police are also in attendance at the scene after being called at 7.41am.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "There are several units at the scene and have been since just after 8am. Another one is heading to the scene to try and account for what is going on."
AA Roadwatch says the fire took place at a recycling centre with several emergency vehicles at the scene.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
Traffic is coping well despite the road being partially blocked in both directions.
More to come.