Fire at a home in Norwich
Five fire crews were called to reports of a house fire in the centre of Norwich.
The fire at a property in Maidstone Road, near Rose Lane, started just after 2.15pm today.
Crews from Sprowston, Earlham, Hethersett and Great Yarmouth attended the scene.
The fire was put out by just before 3pm.
The fire crews extinguished the fire using hand appliances and hose reel jets.
A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots and a positive pressure ventilaton fan was used to clear smoke from the property.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school