Fire at a commercial premises in Horsford
Firefighters were called to deal with a fire in a commercial premises in Horsford this morning.
The fire started at about 4am in a wooden storage shed on Holt Road.
Three fire crews attended the scene along with the aerial ladder platform.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said firefighters were at the scene until about 6.15am and that they used compressed air foam and main and hose reel jets to put out the fire.
The spokesman said nobody was in the building at the time and that the fire service had been alerted to the fire by a member of the public who was in a passing vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
He said there had been some superficial damage to a neighbouring building, and that firefighters would be returning to the scene later this morning for an investigation.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR