Fire appliance blaze in Dereham caused by tar on wheels

Two fire crews were called to a kitchen fire in Attleborough. Photo: Denise Bradley

Two fire crews were called to a kitchen fire in Attleborough. Photo: Denise Bradley - Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016

Norfolk Fire service have confirmed that a fire involving one of its appliances was caused by tar.

Witnesses reported seeing the engine on fire at the junction of Tavern Lane and the A1075 in Dereham just after 1.30pm.

However, a spokesperson for Norfolk Fire Service confirmed the blaze was contained to the vehicle's wheels.

The spokesperson said: 'There was smoke, which appeared to be coming from the vehicle, however this was caused because of tar on the wheels of the engine.

'The crew called the issue in themselves but the vehicle was soon on its way.'


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter