Fire alert at James Paget Hospital after smell of burning
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
Fire crews rushed to a major hospital after the smell of burning was reported to the emergency services.
Firefighters from Gorleston, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft were sent to the James Paget University Hospital on Tuesday afternoon.
The emergency services received a call just before 3.30pm, however when they arrived they discovered the fire was extinguished before their arrival.
A spokesman said: ''A member of staff raised the alarm earlier this afternoon and, following established procedures at the hospital, the fire service were called and quickly attended the site.
'The source of the burning smell was traced to an electrical distribution board and the issue was quickly resolved.
You may also want to watch:
'A small number of patients were briefly moved from the area while safety checks were carried out but all have been safely returned.
'No one was hurt and the fire service have now left the site.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success