Find out which rural Norfolk village is next in line to get 4G high speed mobile internet
- Credit: Archant
Faster mobile internet is set to bring a rural mid Norfolk village up to speed after O2 announced it was expanding its 4G service.
The mobile phone network said it is bringing its 4G service to Shipdham, near Dereham, next month as well as improving its 2G and 3G network.
Work is scheduled to start the week commencing August 7 and, subject to successful implementation and testing, customers will see the new and improved service in the following weeks.
During the work, there may be times when a customer's signal experiences intermittent service.
But customers can download the O2 TU Go app which enables them to make and receive calls on any WiFi-connected device using their mobile number.
Derek McManus, chief operating officer for Telefónica UK, said: 'I'm delighted that O2 customers in Shipdham will soon be able to experience faster mobile internet making everything easier when using their phone or tablet.
You may also want to watch:
'They'll be able to stream high definition TV, shop on the go and use video calling.
'For our business customers, using 4G means they can be more effective and flexible by working remotely, accessing cloud services and collaborating using apps.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
O2 currently offers 4G in over 14,000 cities, towns and villages across the UK and spends over £2 million a day on strengthening its network and increasing its reach.