Find out when the Christmas fireworks are in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant © 2008
After being postponed due to strong winds, the Christmas switch-on fireworks in Great Yarmouth are rescheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday, November 30).
The fireworks are scheduled to start at 7pm and mark the start of the late night shopping events in the town in the run up to Christmas.
Last week saw the town welcome the start of the festive season with a fayre and light switch-on ceremony.
The Great Yarmouth Christmas Fayre is part of the Town Centre Initiative, Great Yarmouth Borough Council's additional efforts to boost footfall, trade and the local economy, and is organised by the council, with Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership and the Minster.
Cllr Barry Coleman, chairman of the economic development committee, said: 'This year's Great Yarmouth Christmas Fayre was another seasonal success, helping to bring hundreds of extra families into the town centre to do a bit of Christmas shopping and spread a bit of festive cheer.
You may also want to watch:
'Apart from the wind on Friday night, the weather was perfect, sunny and dry, and the town centre was packed for the Christmas lights switch-on. It has really got the borough into the Christmas spirit, ahead of the regular Wednesday late night shopping events, which run from this week through to December 21, with free family entertainment happening each week.
'I would like to thank the borough council staff, as well as the Minister and the Town Centre Partnership, for making possible the Christmas Fayre, which helps to drive footfall at an important time for town centre businesses.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire