Final opportunity to buy ducks for Great Norwich Duck Race
The Great Norwich Duck Race will return once more as part of the Lord Mayor's Celebrations on Sunday.
The popular event, which is held to raise funds for the 1st Norwich Sea Scouts, will be held from 3pm, with Thousands of different coloured plastic ducks being released into the River Wensum from the Lady Julian Bridge, in Riverside.
There is a final opportunity for people to buy ducks, costing �2 each, tomorrow. There will be a stall on the Haymarket between 8am and 5pm, as well as in Chapelfield Garden between 11am and 5pm.
The fundraising of the race, which has been held for the last three years, has been going towards a new headquarters for the sea scouts at their Old Lakenham Drive base.
Since last year's duck race - which raised �5,500 - the group have reached the �350,000 figure they needed to get building work under way, after a grant of �5,000 from the Norfolk Community Foundation and �30,000 from the Trusthouse Foundation were received in May.
You may also want to watch:
For further details go to www.greatnorwichduckrace.co.uk
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146