Last chance to name your Norfolk food and drink heroes - and win a prize
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A final call has gone out to find the very best among Norfolk's food and drink producers – with the chance to win tickets to a top county agricultural show.
Nominations close on Friday, June 8 for the Aylsham Agricultural Show Association's 12th annual Norfolk Hero Food and Drink Awards, sponsored by Lovewell Blake accountants.
Anyone nominating a hero in four categories, for individuals and businesses, will have their name entered into a draw to win two adult tickets - worth £18 each - for the show which takes place on the Blickling Estate on bank holiday Monday, August 27. There is no charge for children and parking is free.
Alexandra Haswell, head steward for the awards, said: 'We want to recognise the hard work of the local food and drink industry and ask members of the public to put forward their favourite Norfolk producers, local pubs, restaurants or cafes to be judged by the winners of 2017.'
Each category has certain conditions.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of best specialist food or drink supplier must only sell products using ingredients mainly grown or farmed by them.
Whoever claims the prize for the best use of Norfolk produce on the menu will need to demonstrate its use.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
The best food or drink retailer will need to promote and sell a large range of Norfolk produce, and the best new food or drink venture must have started trading in 2016/2017 and demonstrate the future potential of the business.
Meanwhile, the Individual Food or Drink Hero will be awarded to someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the production or promotion of Norfolk food or drink.
Other attractions at the show include the Bremont Great War Display Team who will recreate a First World War aerial dog fight, gun-dog training demonstrations, the Norwich Pipe Band, children's fancy dress, vintage tractors, heavy horses, and, depending on weather conditions, the ascent of a hot-air balloon from the main ring.
Nominations can be made online at www.theaylshamshow.co.uk/competitions/norfolk-food-hero-drink-awards/ or via a nomination form found in shops in Aylsham including Purdy's Tea Room at Woodgate Nursery. Or contact Alexandra Haswell at email@example.com or call 07866 465676.