Filmmaker uses county settings as the backdrop for his latest project
- Credit: Submitted
A local filmmaker is set to make the region the setting for his latest feature film.
Matt Long, 35 of Bowthorpe, set up his film company Bulldog Films in August, and has now set about making a new film, captured on location around Norfolk.
The film, which is called Soldiers of Embers, was written and produced by Mr Long, and is set to feature a range of local talent and locations. It has also presented the opportunity for a former City College Norwich student to take on the director's role.
He said: 'The film has presented a great opportunity to work with some fine local talent. The director, Danny Cotton, has such good attention to detail and I also have a really dedicated production company.'
The film, which Mr Long describes as an action-drama, is already in production, with the company hoping for it to be completed at some point in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
He has also been able to draft in some professional talent, with actor Wayne Gordon, who has appeared in Skyfall.
Mr Long, who works at Aviva, said: 'A lot of the time when you watch British films like this, they tend to focus on London; I thought it would be great to bring the genre to Norfolk.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 4 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 5 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 6 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 9 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 10 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
'We've already had a lot of interest in the project and it has been a real pleasure to involve so many different local businesses and communities.'
The film has also presented acting opportunities for local talent, as well as behind-the-scenes experiences for students at City College, who helped with make up.
Mr Long is now looking for local volunteers to get involved in the film, with several extra roles still to be cast. He said: 'I'm really keen to create these opportunities for people; acting experience is not necessary, as long as you are up to the role, you will be considered.
To express an interest in being an extra in the film, contact Mr Long on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information of the film, visit www.bulldogfilms.net.
Are you working on an exciting project based in Norfolk? Contact David Hannant on 01603 693892.